The driving principles of the iBioMath initiative are:
- enforcing holistic multidisciplinary approaches to investigation;
- focusing on scientific research in mathematics and computation engineering targeting a synergetic integration and exchange with natural and life science disciplines;
- identifying research areas which are crucial for accelerated, yet balanced, transformation of the future information society.
It pursues three primary objectives:
- to devise a set of challenges for future research at proactive initiative level,
- to release periodic progress reports in the field (books, special journal issues, etc.)
- to initiate and support new projects